How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte - Recipe
One of the best things with fall has got to be pumpkin spice lattes - itís right up there with jumping in great, big piles of golden leaves and putting on your favorite chunky knits again! Try making your own pumpkin spice blend this fall, and enjoy a steaming hot, homemade pumpkin spice latte!
One of the best things with fall has got to be pumpkin spice lattes - its right up there with jumping in great, big piles of golden leaves and putting on your favorite chunky knits again!
We love getting that first PSL of the season in a coffee shop, but did you know that a pumpkin spice blend is really not that difficult to make at home? Impress all your girlfriends with your own homemade pumpkin spice latte this fall - just follow the simple recipe below and enjoy this delicious drink in the comfort of your home.
Start by making your spice blend.
2 tablespoons total blend
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice or cloves
Store this spice blend in a glass jar - it will keep well for at least a year, and makes for a lovely homemade gift, too!
Now, lets make the actual drink!
Makes 2 drinks
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree*
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 cup strong, hot coffee
Optional: Whipped cream for serving
*You can either use canned, store-bought pumpkin puree, or make your own by baking a halved pumpkin in the oven in medium heat until soft, then blending it.
1. Whisk together milk, pumpkin puree and honey in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until hot - make sure it doesnt boil!
3. Remove from heat and whisk in your pumpkin spice blend and vanilla extract.
4. Continue whisking until you get a soft, heavenly froth!
5. Pour the hot coffee into two mugs, then top with the frothy pumpkin spice milk.
6. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice blend.
Remember, you can tweak things around here to tickle your tastebuds and suit you better. Perhaps youd like to add a tad more pumpkin spice, or reduce the honey? Find what the perfect flavor balance is for you!
Hope you get many relaxing moments curled up in an armchair with a steaming hot cup of delicious pumpkin spice latte to warm you this season!
Our blog: Tips & Tricks
Free worldwide shipping